As a corporation which operates real estate franchise business, temporary staffing business, paid employee placement business, and other businesses, based on our corporate slogan of “Customer First Declaration,” CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD. (hereinafter, “the Company”) recognizes the importance of proper management of information that can be used to identify individuals (hereinafter, “Personal Information”) for both our customers and the Company's employees.
- Operation and continuous improvement of the Personal Information Protection Management System
In order to make employees recognize the importance of protecting Personal Information and to ensure the appropriate handling and proper management of Personal Information, the Company has built a Personal Information Protection Management System. The Company reliably operates and maintains the System, and also performs continuous improvement of the System.
- Acquisition, use, and provision of Personal Information
The Company has established a management system for the protection of Personal Information according to each business situation.
Furthermore, the Company engages in appropriate acquisition of Personal Information, and only uses the acquired Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use.
The Company will not use the acquired Personal Information for any other purpose, and will take measures to prevent such inappropriate usage. Moreover, the Company will not provide Personal Information to a third party without the consent of the individual.
- Implementation of safety measures
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of Personal Information, the Company has established safety management measures, including information security measures that we have been implementing. The Company strives to prevent leakage, loss, damage, etc. of Personal Information, and to take corrective action when it may occur.
- Respect for individual rights
The Company respects the rights of the individual regarding Personal Information. When the individual wishes the company to disclose, correct or delete the purpose of using the Personal Information, or wishes to reject using or providing the Personal Information, the Company will respond to it promptly in consideration of social conventions and practices.
Furthermore, consultations or complaints regarding customer data will be handled by the Customer Service Office.
- Compliance with Japanese laws, government guidelines and other norms
The Company will comply with Japanese laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other norms applicable to the protection of Personal Information when handling it. Furthermore, the Company will structure the Personal Information Protection Management System to comply with these laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other norms.
Enacted on February 1, 2005
Revised on July 1, 2017
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD.
Yoichi Sonoda, President & CEO
Address: Kita-Aoyama Yoshikawa Building,
7th Floor 2-12-16 Kita-Aoyama, Minato Ward, Tokyo
Handling of Personal Information
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD. (hereinafter, “the Company”) respects and complies with laws and regulations related to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and social order. In line with the following principles, the Company will endeavor to properly handle, protect, and manage personal information related to customers, affiliated offices and their alliance partners, and the Company’s employees.
Purpose of Use for Personal Information
The Company will use customers' personal information for the following purposes.
- Performance of contracts related to transactions such as real estate sales, brokerage, leasing, management, etc., and provision of related information, services, and follow-up services after the contract
- Provision of Personal Information to third parties within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use stated above in 1.
- Performance of insurance contracts related to real estate handled by the Company, and provision of information and services related to those contracts
- Introduction of products and services which are provided by the Company's business partners and which we believe will be useful to the Company's customers.
- Sales activities marketing (requests for cooperation in questionnaires, sales events, etc.) by postal mail, telephone, email, etc., for providing the products, information, and services discussed above in 1., 3., and 4., customer trend analysis, and research analysis for product development
- Introduction of mortgage loans, etc., provided by the Company's business partners, acting as an agent on behalf of application procedures
Officers’, employees’, and workers’ information of affiliated offices will be obtained for the following purposes. In addition, employees’, and workers’ information of affiliated offices will be provided to the U.S. headquarters of the Company for the following purposes 1. to 6.
- Performance of contracts
- Request for performance
- Management of sales
- Management of results
- Posting of results announcements and awards on event booklets, PR newsletters, websites, etc.
- Introduction of products and services from the Company's business partners
- Investigations (attributes, resume, criminal record, etc.)
The Company will cancel the provision of information and services at the request of the individual.Information on applicants for employment at the Company (including employment agencies, job listing websites, etc.) will be acquired for the following purposes.
- Screening for hiring, contact, outsourcing of investigations to credit research companies
Contents of Personal Information to Use
The Company uses the following Personal Information.
- Date of birth (age)
- Home address
- Home telephone number/fax number
- Property information related to real estate (location, structure, scale, floor plan, incidental equipment, etc.) and contract information (price, transaction mode, property location, name of railway/station near property, contract agreement date, delivery date, etc.)
- Other information requested in application forms, contracts, questionnaires, etc. (customer's occupation, name/address for applying for promotions and shipping prizes, questionnaire answers, opinions, information necessary for inquiries)
This information will be used according to the “Purpose of Use for Personal Information” listed above.
Method of Acquiring Personal Information
In addition to the method of obtaining Personal Information directly from the individual, the Company obtains Personal Information via telephone and from public information (for example, a copy of the registry) when outsourced and provided.
Method of Managing Personal Information
The Company will always endeavor to maintain the acquired Personal Information in an accurate and up-to-date format.
Furthermore, the Company will take appropriate safety management measures (organizational, human, physical, and technical measures) for the acquired Personal Information, strive to prevent leakage, loss, damage, etc., and audit, review and improve the management status. Moreover, the Company outsources a portion of the handling of Personal Information to external business operators who are recognized as properly handling Personal Information. Those external business operators will use the Personal Information to the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of acquisition.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties and Joint Use
The Personal Information acquired by the Company will not be disclosed, provided, sold, or shared with third parties except in the following cases. However, the Personal Information may be shared with our member offices in order to achieve the purpose of use described above in “Purpose of Use for Personal Information.” In this case, the Company is responsible for managing the shared Personal Information. Also, in the following cases, we may also provide Personal Information to companies other than the Company and our affiliated offices.
- When the individual has consented
- When deemed as necessary according to law
- Individuals who will become party to a contract and prospective customers
- Management companies that perform real estate management, etc.
- Property information that is related to the following real estate and that the Company considers necessary for the benefit of our customers
- Provision of property information related to real estate to other real estate brokers
- Posting of property information related to real estate on internet advertisements and their publishers/organizations
- Designated distribution organizations (real estate information registration, contract notification, and implementation of sales and price appraisals using the data of the organization)
- Real estate research institutions, etc.
- Provision of contract information (excluding Personal Information) to real estate appraisal service companies
- Judicial scriveners, land/house inspectors related to registration, etc.
- Financial institutions related to loans, etc.
- Credit information institutions
Requesting Disclosure, Etc., of Personal Information
(Disclosure, correction, addition, and deletion of contents)
If an individual requests disclosure, etc., of their own Personal Information, the Company will respond promptly after confirming the identity of the individual, unless a special reason exists that prevents
(Suspension of Use, Erasure, Suspension of Provision to Third Parties, Etc.)
If you wish to suspend usage, erase, or suspend provision to a third party for your Personal Information, please contact the Company using the following inquiry information. However, as a result of suspending use, erasing, or suspending provision to third parties, it may become impossible to perform contracts related to transactions such as real estate sales, brokerage, leasing, and management, or to provide information and services.
The Company will provide notification if there are any significant changes to rules listed above. For information on the latest contents, please contact the Company using the following inquiry information.
Inquiries on the Management and Handling of Personal Information
Please use the following information to contact the Company regarding any questions, complaints, consultations, etc.
Address: Kita-Aoyama Yoshikawa Building, 7th Floor
2-12-16 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Name of Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization and Contact Complaint Resolution
Name: Personal Information Complaint and Consultation Office, Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
Address: Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
Note: If you determine that the Company does not appropriately manage Personal Information, please start by making a complaint to the Company. However, if you are not satisfied with the response by the Company, you can issue a complaint to the authorized personal information protection organization listed above.
Enacted on January 11, 2005
Revised on October 20, 2021
Supervisor of Personal Information:
General Manager of Corporate Management Division
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD.