As a corporation which operates real estate franchise business, temporary staffing business, paid employee placement business, and other businesses, based on our corporate slogan of “Customer First Declaration,” CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD. (hereinafter, “the Company”) recognizes the importance of proper management of information that can be used to identify individuals (hereinafter, “Personal Information”) for both our customers and the Company's employees.
- Operation and continuous improvement of the Personal Information Protection Management System
In order to make employees recognize the importance of protecting Personal Information and to ensure the appropriate handling and proper management of Personal Information, the Company has built a Personal Information Protection Management System. The Company reliably operates and maintains the System, and also performs continuous improvement of the System.
- Acquisition, use, and provision of Personal Information
The Company has established a management system for the protection of Personal Information according to each business situation.
Furthermore, the Company engages in appropriate acquisition of Personal Information, and only uses the acquired Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use.
The Company will not use the acquired Personal Information for any other purpose, and will take measures to prevent such inappropriate usage. Moreover, the Company will not provide Personal Information to a third party without the consent of the individual.
- Implementation of safety measures
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of Personal Information, the Company has established safety management measures, including information security measures that we have been implementing. The Company strives to prevent leakage, loss, damage, etc. of Personal Information, and to take corrective action when it may occur.
- Respect for individual rights
The Company respects the rights of the individual regarding Personal Information. When the individual wishes the company to disclose, correct or delete the purpose of using the Personal Information, or wishes to reject using or providing the Personal Information, the Company will respond to it promptly in consideration of social conventions and practices.
Furthermore, consultations or complaints regarding customer data will be handled by the Customer Service Office.
- Compliance with Japanese laws, government guidelines and other norms
The Company will comply with Japanese laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other norms applicable to the protection of Personal Information when handling it. Furthermore, the Company will structure the Personal Information Protection Management System to comply with these laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other norms.
Enacted on February 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2022
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD.
Yoichi Sonoda, President & CEO
Address: Kita-Aoyama Yoshikawa Building,
7th Floor 2-12-16 Kita-Aoyama, Minato Ward, Tokyo
Handling of Personal Information
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD. (hereinafter, “the Company”) respects and complies with laws and regulations related to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and social order. In line with the following principles, the Company will endeavor to properly handle, protect, and manage personal information related to customers, affiliated offices and their alliance partners, and the Company’s employees.
Purpose of Use for Personal Information
The Company will use customers' personal information for the following purposes.
- Performance of contracts related to transactions such as real estate sales, brokerage, leasing, management, etc., and provision of related information, services, and follow-up services after the contract
- Provision of Personal Information to third parties within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use stated above in 1.
- Performance of insurance contracts related to real estate handled by the Company, and provision of information and services related to those contracts
- Introduction of products and services which are provided by the Company's business partners and which we believe will be useful to the Company's customers.
- Sales activities marketing (requests for cooperation in questionnaires, sales events, etc.) by postal mail, telephone, email, etc., for providing the products, information, and services discussed above in 1., 3., and 4., customer trend analysis, and research analysis for product development
- Introduction of mortgage loans, etc., provided by the Company's business partners, acting as an agent on behalf of application procedures
- Use for advertisements that serve provision of information and products based upon customers’ interests and preferences by analyzing information (such as browsing histories) acquired by the Company.
- Use as pseudonymously processed information for analysis on real estate, etc.
Officers’, employees’, and workers’ information of affiliated offices will be obtained for the following purposes. In addition, names and result information of the best result achievers (officers and employees of affiliate offices) will be provided to the U.S. headquarters of the Company, in order to globally rank the best result achievers.
- Performance of contracts
- Request for performance
- Management of sales
- Management of results
- Posting of results announcements and awards on booklets, PR newsletters, websites, etc.
- Introduction of products and services from the Company's business partners
- Investigations (attributes, resume, criminal record, etc.)
The Company will cancel the provision of information and services at the request of the individual.
- Screening for hiring, contact, outsourcing of investigations to credit research companies
- Management of employment, management of wages, labor management services, etc.
Response to inquiries
- Response to inquiries
- Sending of reference materials
- Invitation of individual information sessions
- Sales and marketing activities with regard to franchise, and customer trend analysis, and research analysis for product developments, etc.
- Improvement of services of affiliated offices
- Prize Draw
- Shipment of Prize
- Contact on selection
- Screening for hiring
- Linking with LINE Notify (only if job application is made via LINE app)
- Contact with business partners, performance of contracts, request for performance, etc.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties and Joint Use
The Personal Information acquired by the Company will not be disclosed, provided, sold, or shared with third parties except in the following cases. However, the Personal Information may be shared with our member offices in order to achieve the purpose of use described above in “Purpose of Use for Personal Information.” In this case, the Company is responsible for managing the shared Personal Information. Also, in the following cases, we may also provide Personal Information to companies other than the Company and our affiliated offices.
- When the individual has consented
- When deemed as necessary according to law
- When it is necessary to protect human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- When it is necessary to cooperate with the national government or local governments in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the customer's consent may interfere with the execution of the affairs
- Management companies that perform real estate management, etc.
- Judicial scriveners, land/house inspectors related to registration, etc.
- Financial institutions related to loans, etc.
- Credit information institutions
Measures Taken for Safety Management of Retained Personal Information
|Development of rules||The Company has established rules regarding how to handle and persons in charge, and their roles, etc. for each stage such as acquisition, use, provision, or destruction, and is revising them periodically.|
|Organization-based safety management measures||The Company is conducting periodical self-inspections, internal audits, and external audits.|
|Personnel-based safety management measures||The Company is obtaining confidentiality agreements from the Company’s employees, and conducting periodical educations for the employees.|
|Physical safety management measures||The Company is conducting the management of areas where personal information is handled, and prevention against thefts of equipment and electronic devices, etc.|
|Technological safety management measures||The Company has introduced mechanisms to protect against any unauthorized access from outside.|
|Understanding of external environments||
The Company is storing personal information using cloud services.
The data centers for such cloud services are located in Japan and the United States.
The Company ensures that such cloud services are performing appropriate access control, and endeavors to understand personal information protection systems in such countries and territories.
(Service for which the Company cannot identify the name of the country where the data center is located)
|Name of service used by the Company||Google Workspace （Google drive, Gmail, etc.）|
|Name of foreign country||The Company cannot identify the name of the country where the date is stored.|
|Reason why the name of the foreign country cannot be identified||Because Google diversifies data in different areas around the world, to prevent system failure.|
|Information about personal information protection system in foreign country||The Company cannot identify any personal information protection system, because the Company cannot identify the name of the relevant foreign country.|
|Information about measures for protection of personal information by the relevant third party||Google has obtained the certifications under ISO/IEC27001, ISO/IEC 27017, and ISO/IEC 27018.|
Requesting Disclosure, Etc., of Personal Information
(Disclosure, correction, addition, and deletion of contents)
If an individual requests disclosure, etc., of their own Personal Information, the Company will respond promptly after confirming the identity of the individual, unless a special reason exists that prevents
(Suspension of Use, Erasure, Suspension of Provision to Third Parties, Etc.)
If you wish to suspend usage, erase, or suspend provision to a third party for your Personal Information, please contact the Company using the following inquiry information. However, as a result of suspending use, erasing, or suspending provision to third parties, it may become impossible to perform contracts related to transactions such as real estate sales, brokerage, leasing, and management, or to provide information and services.
The Company will provide notification if there are any significant changes to rules listed above. For information on the latest contents, please contact the Company using the following inquiry information.
Inquiries on the Management and Handling of Personal Information
Please use the following information to contact the Company regarding any questions, complaints, consultations, etc.
Address: Kita-Aoyama Yoshikawa Building, 7th Floor
2-12-16 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Name of Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization and Contact Complaint Resolution
Japan Information Economy Society Promotion Association
Certified Personal Information Protection Organization Secretariat
Roppongi First Building, 9-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
Free Dial: 0120-700-779 (※ Reception hours: Weekdays 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM)
Note: If you determine that the Company does not appropriately manage Personal Information, please start by making a complaint to the Company. However, if you are not satisfied with the response by the Company, you can issue a complaint to the authorized personal information protection organization listed above.
Established on: February 1, 2005
Revised on: November 1, 2023
Supervisor of Personal Information:
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE OF JAPAN LTD.
Yoichi Sonoda, President & CEO